- Type A: Regular papers
Papers presenting original work that advances Artificial Intelligence and art are welcome. Survey papers presenting the State-of-the-art and the challenges of AI and Art are also welcome. These contributions should address a well-developed body of research, an important new area, or a promising new topic, and provide a big picture view. Type A papers can be long (>=12 pages, including references and appendices) or short (<12 pages, including references and appendices). Contributions will be reviewed on the basis of their overall quality and relevance.
- Type B: Encore abstracts
Abstracts of already published work that has been accepted in 2022 to any AI and art conference or journal are also welcomed. Authors are invited to submit the author version of their officially published paper together with a 2-pages abstract (excluding references). Authors may submit at most one type B paper of which they are the corresponding author.
- Type C: Posters and demonstrations
Proposals should be submitted as a 2-pages (excluding references) abstract. Demonstrations should also submit a video less than 15 minutes. Any system requirements should also be mentioned in the submission. Posters and demonstrations will be evaluated based on their originality and innovative character, the technology deployed, the purpose of the systems in interaction with users and/or other systems, and their economic and/or societal potential.
- Type D: Thesis abstracts
Abstracts of graduation reports. Bachelor and Master students are invited to submit a 2-pages abstract (excluding references) of their completed AI and art related thesis. Supervisors should be listed. The thesis should have been accepted after June 1, 2021. Submissions will be judged based on their originality and relevance for the conference.
- Full paper submission deadline: 30 September, 2022
- Author notification: 10 October, 2022
- Final paper submission deadline: 1 November, 2022
- Conference: From 28 to 30 November, 2022
TOPIC OF INTEREST
AIFA-2022 will provide a leading edge, scholarly forum for researchers, engineers, artists and students alike to share their state-of-the-art research and developmental work in the broad areas of AI and art. The topics include but are not limited to:
- AI & Art from philosophical perspective
- AI & Art from economical perspective
- AI & Art from sociological perspective
- AI & Art from legal perspective
- AI & Art from ethical perspective
- AI & Art from interdisciplinary perspective
- Robot and Art
- Music and AI
- GAN and machine learning image generation
- AI style transfer
- Conceptual art and AI
Papers addressing also the following issues among others are welcome:
- What is the role of AI as a tool for art creation in visual and performing arts?
- What kind of AI technology is used and how it is used?
- How AI as a technology becomes a material component of an artwork?
- How AI utopias and dystopias influence today’s art production?
- What role AI plays in the evolution of contemporary art?
- Is AI a stronger vector of artistic crossdisciplinary?
- How artists may inspire or trigger scientific and technological innovation in AI?
Papers should be written in English, be submitted as a PDF document, and conform to our formatting guidelines.
Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should match the corresponding author marked on the paper.
All proposed papers must be submitted in electronic form (PDF format) using the AIFA conference management system.
AIFA welcomes the submission of papers. All submitted papers will undergo a thorough review process; each paper will be refereed by at least three experts in the field based on relevance, originality, significance, quality and clarity.
The papers must consist of original, relevant and previously unpublished sound research results related to any of the topics of the conference.
The best accepted papers will be included in AIFA Proceedings and published.
At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the conference to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings.